Alvaro Morata’s transfer to Barcelona is suspended; Juventus and PSG disagree on Mauro Icardi
The January 2022 transfer window is open (find out when it closes here) and there’s a lot of gossip swirling about who’s moving where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumors, whereabouts and, of course, the deals!
TOP STORY: Barca de Morata suspended as Juventus and PSG disagree over Icardi
January’s transfer windows can bring up difficult negotiating scenarios for clubs and players, with Calciomercato reporting that Juventus’ search for a new striker is causing a traffic jam in the market.
This scenario begins with Alvaro Morata, who wants to cut short his loan to Juve and return to Spain to join Barcelona, ââwho have already signed forward Ferran Torres Manchester City for 55 million euros this winter despite debts of more than one billion euros.
However, Juventus insist they must find a suitable replacement before letting Morata leave, with Fiorentina Dusan Vlahovic and that of Sassuolo Gianluca Scamaca unlikely to join in January as these are summer targets.
Paris Saint-Germain striker Mauro icardi is a player who could move to Turin this month, however, the Italian giants are hoping to sign the Argentina international on loan with an option to sign him permanently later, as PSG are only ready to accept a permanent transfer until ‘at present.
If Morata is to move to Barcelona, ââit looks like Juventus or PSG will need to change their position on Icardi. Considering that there has been no sign that they are doing it yet, everyone seems to be stuck in limbo.
– FC 100: Messi, Lewandowski are n Â° 1; Dominatrix in the Premier League
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN + (US only)
– You don’t have ESPN? Access immediately
09.34 GMT: Many Tottenham players fear for their future as Antonio ContÃ© plans a ruthless team overhaul with more than half a dozen players at risk of being moved, sources told ESPN.
The Italian delivered a scathing assessment of the squad in the aftermath of Wednesday’s Carabao Cup semi-final first leg loss to Chelsea, saying ‘we are a team in the middle’ and far from ready to compete at the top of the Premier League.
Sources told ESPN that this view was replicated in private meetings Conte held with prominent figures at the club to determine how to reshape his squad, a strategy focused on a major overhaul underway.
It is understood that Dele Alli, Steven Bergwijn, Matt Doherty and Tanguy Ndombele are on the list of players Conte is willing to part ways with. There is also some uncertainty about Japhet Tanganga and Giovani Lo Celso, among others.
09:00 GMT: Ralf Rangnick Fears that the unrest in Manchester United’s dressing room could derail their bid to finish in the Premier League top four this season, sources have told ESPN.
Speaking after the 1-0 loss to Wolves on Monday night – Rangnick’s first loss as interim manager at Old Trafford – Luke Shaw said the team did not feel ‘together’ on the pitch while questioning his motivation and intensity during the match.
Sources told ESPN that although Rangnick was disappointed with the comments, Shaw’s interview did not come as a huge surprise and there are concerns that if the issues are not resolved, United’s hopes will ‘getting Champions League football next season is fading quickly.
Rangnick has been in his post for a month and a number of players have said they want to leave. Sources said fringe players who were frustrated with the lack of playing time under former boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer believed they were getting a clean slate under the 63-year-old but felt underutilized again.
Craig Burley and Jan Aage Fjortoft say Ralf Rangnick must make big statements to Manchester United players.
PAPER GOSSIP (by Danny Lewis)
– Cristiano Ronaldo had crisis talks with his agent, Jorge Mendes, regarding his future at Manchester United, according to The Sun. The Portuguese international striker, 36, is frustrated with the Red Devils’ performance and disappointed with the tactics of interim manager Ralf Rangnick. Nothing is said to exclude for the moment.
– Julien alvarezThe agent, Fernando Hidalgo, is due to travel to Italy in the coming days to try to reach a deal for the River plate attacking, Calciomercato said. Fiorentina are the most interested club right now, but Hidalgo looks bigger at the moment and hopes to continue talks with Juventus, Atletico Madrid and AC Milan for a $ 20million transfer.
– Atletico Madrid have already been reported to be interested in Arsenal Cedric Soares as they seek Kieran TrippierThe replacement following the Englishman’s move to Newcastle United. However, Nicolo schira added two more names to the mix, mentioning Lille’s Zeki Celik and RB Leipzig Nordi Mukiele.
– West Ham United have moved to sign Aston Villa center-back Kortney Hause, according to Football Insider, with Kurt zouma and Angelo Ogbonna both having suffered injuries for the Hammers. Steven Gerrard is reportedly willing to let the 26-year-old go if another center-back is signed in January, with Watford also investigating.
– Marseille seeks to bring in Spartak Moscow Samuel Gigot and that of Arsenal Kolasinac Sea during the January transfer window, as reported by L’Equipe. Club president Pablo Longoria is under pressure from Jorge Sampaoli to strengthen his squad while working with tight finances. Kolasinac would replace Jordan Amavi, who joined Nice on loan.