Arsenal look to loan Pablo Mari to Udinese in Serie A
The January 2022 transfer window is open (find out when it closes here), and there’s a lot of gossip swirling about who’s moving where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumors, whereabouts and, of course, the deals!
TOP STORY: Arsenal’s husband ready for Serie A
Italy’s Udinese side continue to be busy in January transfer window and reportedly close to signing Pablo Mari loaned by Arsenal, reports Fabrice Romano.
Mari had drawn admiring glances from Sampdoria, but now it is Udinese who are considering loaning the Spaniard for the remainder of the season.
The center-back joined the Gunners from Flamengo two years ago and although his move has since become permanent he has struggled to play at the north London club. This season, having only made three appearances, it’s clear the 28-year-old is not on boss Mikel Arteta’s plans.
The Udinese will cover part of Mari’s salary but will not have the option to purchase it at the end of the loan period. The move could mark the first in a series of departures from Emirates Stadium as Arteta looks to refresh his squad.
Udinese have also reached a deal with Leicester City to sign Philippe benkovic on a free.
– ESPN + Viewers Guide: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, more
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN + (US only)
– You don’t have ESPN? Access immediately
– Newcastle United remain active in January as they look to strengthen their squad for the upcoming relegation battle, and the Jason Burt of the Daily Telegraph reports that the Magpies have made a new offer to Sevilla for Diego Carlos. Report follows signing of Newcastle striker Chris Wood from Burnley for £ 25million, and it is hoped that 28-year-old defender Carlos – whose transfer could cost £ 40million – can help close the gaps in Newcastle’s defense. In a bid to strengthen their squad, Newcastle are also said to be interested in Todd cantwell of Norwich City. The 23-year-old midfielder would cost around £ 15million, according to Rudy Galletti.
– Newcastle would also launch a bold bid to sign RB Leipzig contract Amadou Haidara under Manchester United’s nose, according to the Daily Mail. The 23-year-old central midfielder has been linked with Ralf Rangnick’s side but Newcastle have reportedly hit Leipzig’s asking price of £ 80million which could help them secure the deal. Haidara is currently playing for Mali in the Africa Cup of Nations.
– Genoa is approaching a movement for Nadiem Amiri of Bayer Leverkusen, according to Nicolo schira. The Germany international tested positive for COVID last Friday, and it could be that he will move to Italy at the end of his quarantine period, rather than return to action for the Bundesliga. The 25-year-old attacking midfielder last played in Leverkusen’s 2-2 draw against FC Union Berlin last week, and he’s played 12 times in total this season, scoring once.
– In addition to loaning out the aforementioned Husband, Arsenal are also looking to make room in their squad for new faces that could include the Juventus midfielder Arthur melo and Leicester City star Yuri Tielemans. That’s according to Goal, who believes there have been talks between the Gunners and Juventus over a loan deal that would see the 25-year-old join until the end of the season. Meanwhile, Arsenal have also reportedly spoken to Tielemans’ agent about a possible transfer. The 24-year-old Belgian has another 18 months of contract at King Power Stadium and he is not expected to sign an extension.
– Cristiano Ronaldo told ESPN Brasil that “anything is possible” when it comes to the prospect of playing in Brazil. In an exclusive interview, Ronaldo – who has recently been linked with an estrangement from Manchester United – says he has a lot of respect for what he calls a ‘brother country’. The 36-year-old is rumored to be unhappy with United’s performance, and therefore a move to Brazil, where he could live near his sister who already lives there, is not beyond the possibilities.
Comments are closed.