Guardiola closes ties with Neymar as he turns to Premier League back
Pep Guardiola insists Manchester City won’t pull off a spectacular move for Brazil and Paris Saint-Germain striker Neymar.
City have already welcomed four new faces this summer, signing Kalvin Phillips, Erling Haaland, Stefan Ortega and Julian Alvarez.
Moreover, many players have left the Etihad, including Raheem Sterling, who joined Chelsea after scoring 131 times for the Premier League champions.
With Sterling and Gabriel Jesus both out the door, City have been linked with several forwards, including Neymar.
PSG are reportedly ready to sell the 30-year-old, Manchester United, Chelsea and City are all said to be keen.
During a press conference on Wednesday, Guardiola was asked about the club’s interest in the Brazilian striker. ending any conversation his team will seek to engage him in during the summer transfer window.
“I’m sorry but that’s not true,” said the Spaniard (quotes via the Mirror). “The information is not accurate.
“Neymar is an incredible player and the information I have is that he’s an incredibly nice guy. But that’s not fair.
“Every summer, Manchester City will buy 150 players!”
One player the Spanish manager is said to be interested in signing is Brighton left-back Marc Cucurella.
It was reported earlier this summer that Cucurella had agreed to a deal for Citizens to sign, however, Athleticism journalist Andy Naylor claimed this news was “all shit”.
Despite this, interest from City appears to be real, particularly with Oleksandr Zinchenko set to sign for league rivals Arsenal.
According to transfer guru Fabrizio Romano, the Manchester side have an ‘official offer ready’ for Guardiola’s ‘first target’ at left-back.
They will ‘push’ in the coming days, with Guardiola prioritizing a move for Cucurella following Zinchenko’s £30million departure.
The article Guardiola closes ties with Neymar as he turns to Premier League back appeared first on Football365.com.