Inter join pursuit of Rudiger; Barcelona set to scout Koundé
The summer transfer window is approaching and there’s a lot of gossip swirling about who’s going where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumours, whereabouts and, of course, deals!
TOP STORY: Inter join Rudiger chase
Internazionale set to start talks with Chelsea centre-back Antonio Rudigeraccording to Ekrem Konour.
The 29-year-old is yet to agree new terms at Stamford Bridge as the final months go by on a contract which expires after this season, and the Germany international does not appear to have decided on his next destination, despite reported interest from Real Madrid. and Paris Saint Germain.
With Inter potentially parting ways with Stefan De Vrij, it seems the Italian club have identified the Premier League star as a long-term replacement.
Rudiger could be an ideal candidate, having gained plenty of experience playing as part of a trio with Chelsea and Germany, although the Serie A champions will have to meet wage demands which have been reported in the region of 11 million euros per year.
Rudiger has remained a key part of Thomas Tuchel’s squad this season despite continued uncertainty over his future, making 40 appearances in all competitions.
– ESPN+ guide: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, more (USA)
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN+ (US only)
– You don’t have ESPN? Access immediately
PAPER GOSSIP (by Adam Brown)
– Barcelona will be watching closely Jules Kounde when they meet Sevilla in La Liga on Sunday (LIVE stream on ESPN+), writes Sport. However, while the interest is said to be real, Barca may have to offload players to secure the 23-year-old, with Sevilla looking for €70m. The 23-year-old defender is also on Chelsea’s radar.
– Borussia Dortmund suspended contract negotiations with Dan-Axel Zagadou, according to Sport1. Injuries have limited the defender to just five Bundesliga starts this season, and the BVB hierarchy are reluctant to offer new terms to the 22-year-old, who joined the club from Paris Saint-Germain in 2017.
– Carlo Ancelotti is pushing for Real Madrid to sign Fabien Ruiz, reports Calciomercato. Although Napoli are open to extending the 25-year-old midfielder’s tenure, he has declared his desire to return to Spain. There are only a few months left before he enters the final year of his contract which could force the Serie A side‘s hand.
– Manchester City beat Barcelona and Arsenal to secure the signing of a talented youngster Henry Oware, reveals the Daily Mail. The 18-year-old defender joins West Africa Football Academy from the Ghanaian side in a deal worth £800,000; Pep Guardiola has already planned to loan him to Troyes.
– Milan have identified the Porto striker Mehdi Taremi as a potential successor to Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Calciomercato report. The 29-year-old has scored 18 times in 39 games for the La Liga NOS side this season and is valued at around €20m. Divock Origi is an alternative if no deal can be found for the Iran international.