Klopp’s Nunez plan and the French blame UEFA, not the fans – Liverpool FC Latest News – Liverpool FC
Jurgen Klopp has explained his plans for Darwin Nunez, while the French senate blamed UEFA and not Liverpool fans for their disorganization around the Champions League final.
Nunez is not Klopp’s new Firmino
When Liverpool agreed an £85m deal to sign Darwin Nunez last month, many wondered where and how he would fit into this squad.
Roberto Firmino has been the heart of the Reds’ attack since Klopp’s arrival in 2015, but the Liverpool boss has now explained how he wants Nunez to offer the Brazilian something totally different.
“Do I want Darwin to play like Bobby Firmino in the same position? Not at all. It makes no sense,” Klopp told reporters.
“We’re talking about a false No. 9 and a No. 9. That’s the difference.”
Klopp went on to explain Liverpool’s attacking options, believing the array of talent at his disposal will make his side more unpredictable than ever.
Interestingly, Harvey Elliott has been named among those Klopp believes will play a role in attack this season, perhaps an indication that he could be placed for a more advanced role than last campaign.
The Liverpool boss has stressed the importance of ‘refreshing’ the way his side play and claims to ‘have an idea’ of how he wants to set up this season.
We are all eyes, Jurgen. It really promises to be a fascinating new season.
3 things today: UEFA is finally guilty
- Ben Davis, The 26-year-old Liverpool centre-back, who has yet to play a senior game for the club, is closing in on a move to Blackburn Rovers, according to the Mail.
Latest news from Liverpool FC
- The Reds were in good spirits as they arrived in Singapore for the second leg of their Asian tour today, with an open training session scheduled for tomorrow ahead of Friday’s clash with Crystal Palace.
- Jamie Carragher’s son scored his first goal for Wigan’s first team against Liverpool on Tuesday night. How old does that make you feel!
Last Transfer Chat
A star in LA! ??#SterlingIsChelsea pic.twitter.com/kgTYEI3ybn
– Chelsea FC (@ChelseaFC) July 13, 2022
- Raheem Sterling’s move to Chelsea has finally been confirmedwith the former Liverpool winger now joining his new teammates on their pre-season tour of the United States.
- Chelsea also appear set to complete the signing of Kalidou Koulibaly from Napoli and are considering PSG’s Presnel Kimpembe and Man City’s Nathan Ake as further defensive reinforcements, according to Athleticism.
- Meanwhile, Erik ten Hag’s quest to sign all of his former players continues, with Man United now close to signing Ajax centre-back Lisandro Martinez, according to sky sports.
Tweet of the day and game of the night
Dan’s coverage of developments in France has been fantastic. Today was a step in the right direction, but it should only be the start.
The French Senate report completely exonerates Liverpool fans from what happened in the Champions League final. Now two things should happen:
1. A full formal apology from the French government published in French, English and Spanish
2. A French parliamentary inquiry under oath
—Daniel Austin (@_Dan_Austin) July 13, 2022
Today’s Women’s Euro matches will see Sweden take on Switzerland and the Netherlands, who are without star striker Vivianne Miedema, take on Portugal.
Comments are closed.