Tottenham look to beat Juventus against Roma’s Nicolo Zaniolo
The summer transfer window is here, and there’s a lot of gossip swirling about who’s going where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumors, whereabouts and, of course, deals!
TOP STORY: Spurs beat Juve at Zaniolo?
Tottenham Hotspur want to make a move towards AS Roma star Nicolas Zanioloreports Tuttosport.
With the Premier League club looking for an attacking midfielder, reports indicate that Antonio Conte has identified the 23-year-old as his priority target in the position.
Zaniolo is currently on Juventus’ radar, but Spurs manager Fabio Paratici will meet with representatives of the Giallorossi for talks over a potential deal, with Roma seeking a fee in the region of €45m.
The Italy international’s preference is to stay in Serie A if he leaves the Estadio Olimpico this summer, but with a deal yet to be found with the Bianconerias well as the chance for Jose Mourinho to avoid sending one of his star players to a competitive rival, Spurs are confident they can step in and deflect the deal.
Zaniolo made 28 league appearances for Roma last season and has two years left on his contract in the Italian capital.
– ESPN+ guide: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, more (US)
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN+ (US only)
– You don’t have ESPN? Access immediately
– Barcelona are considering the possibility of offering Frankie de Jong on loan, writes Sport. Progress on a permanent move has stalled in recent weeks after the 25-year-old midfielder balked at a move to Old Trafford, and latest reports indicate the Blaugrana are now set to send him out on loan for the 2022-23 season, with Chelsea and Bayern Munich identified as potential candidates.
– That of Cristiano Ronaldo representatives have been in contact with Sporting CP, The Athletic reveal. The 37-year-old Manchester United striker is keen to leave Old Trafford this summer, and after the club informed him he was cleared to explore other options, it looks like the Portugal international could be ready to arrange a meeting with the club where he made his professional debut.
– AC Milan is ready Fikayo Tomori a new contract, reports Gianluca Di Marzio. The transfer guru says the 24-year-old centre-back will be offered a new five-year contract which will allow him to extend his stay at the San Siro until 2027, with optimism talks could be concluded in the coming months. next weeks. Tomori joined Milan from Chelsea last summer for £25million after impressing during a loan spell, and he’s played a key role in the The Rossoneri Won the Serie A title last season.
– Schalke 04 and Mallorca battle for the signing of Fenerbahce and Turkey international striker Serdar Dursunrevealed Ekrem Konour. The 30-year-old striker, who scored 15 goals and assisted four more in 33 league appearances last season, has attracted interest from clubs across Europe but it appears the two favorites have emerged from the top flights Germans and Spaniards. .
– Defenders Eric Bailly and Ethan Laird could be on his way to Man United this summer, according to The Athletic. Bailly, 28, is currently on the radar of Serie A sides AC Milan and Roma, while Watford are reportedly in talks with the Red Devils over a loan move for Laird. The 20-year-old spent last season on loan at Bournemouth.